The Laziest Diet... EVER!

Mar 13, 2008

1460 Days

It's exactly 4 years ago today I got hitched! Happy Anniversary, Huns!

Since it was more practical to get married in Manila instead of Hawaii, we did our best to bring Hawaii to Manila. My sister Michi designed my gown and all the dresses of the bridesmaids and flower girls.




The hubby brought home fresh leis from Hawaii. He also bought Kona Coffee for our principal sponsors. For our table settings, we decided to put baby pineapples on wooden leaf trays with a variety of orchids and turquoise candles.


My friend Aileen made the wedding cake using miniature decadence cakes and topped it with orchids. I didn't like the kitschy couple in the little glass globe in the beginning, but it turned out to be such a hit in the wedding that a lot of them were taken home by guests.


And for our guests to take home a little aloha with them, we compiled a cd of local Hawaiian music for them to hula to. People still tell me that they have our compilation in their iPods!


It was a memorable evening, with authentic luau food (thanks to the chef who worked in Hawaii!), and lots of love. One of the highlights at the reception was when Pat prayed the Hawaiian Marriage Prayer. It goes like this:

Eh ha Haku, e kokua mai maua a ho'omana o i ka
manawa a maua o Launa mua ai,
a me ke aloha nui i ulu ai ma waena o maua.
E kokua mai ia maua e o'ohana i kela aloha
i na mea ma'amau i 'ole e ka'awale.
Ke nonoi ha'aha'a nei maua i na hua 'olelo 'olu'olu
a piha me ke aloha.
A no napu'uwau makaukau mau e noi i ka huikala
a e huikala aku.
E ka Haku, ke waiho nei maua I ko maua 'ana I loko
i o kou Lima. 'Amene.

In English,

Lord, help us to remember the time we first met,
and the strong love that grew between us.
Help us to apply that love
in practical things so nothing divides us.
We humbly as for kind words filled with love,
and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness,
as well as to firgive.
Lord, we leave our marriage in your hands. Amen.

Again, Happy Anniversary, Huns! May we have 80 more years!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got goose bumps from the Hawaiian Marriage Prayer! Congratulations on your 4 years together & for putting together such a beautiful ceremony & Hawaiian tribute to kick off your wonderful marriage! Everything looks yummy, beautiful (way to go Michi btw on the dresses!) and perfect :) Here's to many more years of perfect love for the both of you!
~ Jenn

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Congrats on your anniversary. You had a beautiful wedding. I wish you and your husband many more wonderful years together. I just celebrated my 2 yr anniversary in February.

:-)

Verão said...

Thanks so much Jenn :) I love that prayer too. So humble and strong at the same time.

Verão said...

Thanks pegasus! And belated Happy Wedding anniversary!

... beachfreak said...

did you also go to st paul pasig? i love your bikinis!

Verão said...

Hi Beachfreak. Yes I'm from St. Paul Pasig :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin