The Laziest Diet... EVER!

Nov 8, 2008

Keep Calm

I've been preoccupied lately with things other than my bikinis! So to remind me to calm down and take a breather, I was inspired to hang this in our living room. My version of the famous "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster.

The history of this poster goes as far back as 1939- right when World War 2 was about to begin! With war against Germany looming, the British Government had a series of propaganda posters circulated all over the country. The purpose of the poster was to convey a message from the King to the people that 'all necessary measures to defend the nation were being taken', and to stress an 'attitude of mind' rather than a specific aim.

3 comments:

olive said...

peenky,
take a look at this...you might have ideas. :)
http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2008/11/looking-for-awesome-women.html

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Love the poster. Super cute! Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii! Stacy

Devon said...

I love that poster,,,I have been eyeing them on etsy...very nice..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin