The Laziest Diet... EVER!

Feb 26, 2009

Isn't She Lovely

The only instruments I tinkered with in the past was the keyboard, the drums, and the Uke. Yes, the Ukelele. It's a pity though that I didn't master any of these. I don't even know how to read notes! The only songs I mastered on the keyboard was When the Saint's Go Marching In, and Somebody by Depeche Mode. I actually completed 12 drum lessons when I was 14, and the Ukulele, well, I learned the song "Ain't She Sweet" from my Dad.

One channel in youtube I subscribe to is Ukejazztaka- a channel dedicated to the fusion of SwingJazz, Hawaiian, and Bossa Nova music, using what else, the Ukulele! I just love this channel. Listening to the music is just like taking a mini vacation! And since I do love vintage Stevie Wonder (meaning everything pre "I Just Called to Say I Love You"), listening to their "Isn't She Lovely" version was just... lovely!


Enjoy the soothing sounds of Takashi Nakamura and Yoshinori Fuji. I have my own Uke hanging given by Pat years ago- I think I should take it up and tinker with it again :)

UPDATE!

I found an Ain't She Sweet clip with 3/4 of the Beatles! I can't believe I can actually play along with this!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin