The Laziest Diet... EVER!

Feb 11, 2009

Aloha de Blues

Ok, back to regular programming!

On my iTunes, I have a Hawaiian playlist (which I lovingly call Hawaiiana), an acid jazz playlist (Acidity Jazzidity), and yes... a J-Pop playlist (J-Poppins). My love for J-Pop goes all the way back to the 80's when our family spent almost every summer in Tokyo.

Now can you just imagine when I discovered a J-Pop song fused with some jazz and and Hawaiian? I loved it! I've been playing the song over and over and over! I'm obsessed! To think it was released all the way back in the 90's!

This song I now love is Aloha de Blues, by Pizzicato Five, with then lead singer Takao Tajima of Original Love (I had 2 Pizzicato Five albums in the 90's which mysteriously disappeared when I moved to Singapore. My Original Love CDs also disappeared with it.)



And thanks to my very Nihonggo loving workmate Dina (who also bought a Malia Espresso from moi) who gave me the link to the lyrics and translation!

Here are the lyrics:


Lyrics | Pizzicato Five - Aloha e blues lyrics



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! This is not the kind of music I normally hear but this song is good! Maybe I should explore some more...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin