The Laziest Diet... EVER!

Aug 25, 2008

Club Monaco is Coming to Town!

Back in the early 90's, I spent a sunny Californian summer studying film in USC, interning in Universal Studios, and playing production office assistant for an indie movie. In between shooting, editing, making coffee, and photocopying scripts, I spent a lot of time sun tanning in Santa Monica beach, and shopping in 3rd Street Promenade. My fave store then was Club Monaco! I loved their casual clothes. I used to go there all the time and spend the food money my Dad gave me for shopping! My favorite piece of summer clothing from there- a pair of denim shorts.

Then just this afternoon, while walking in Ngee Ann City on my way to the bookstore, I saw the sign!



A rush of memories came over me. I remembered just staying in the store for hours on end looking through their clothes! I hope I get the same shopping experience when it opens!

2 comments:

the arts and crafts experiment said...

hey! how funny that you have this connection with california and club monaco. cos i do too! i lived in LA for half a year and i loved buying the dresses at club monaco :-)

i'm excited to go to their shop. i wonder if i'll like it as much as i used to.

Verão said...

I loved it! I also wonder if I will enjoy it as much as I used to. I think it was the whole experience then- studying, "working", and taking a break.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin